Hosting an Event:
1. Plan where to hold your event.
Do you want a small group of friends in your home?
Do you want to hold it at your church, club or school and invite a large group?
2. Invite friends and neighbors.
Ask them to bring sturdy cotton fabric, trim, double wide bias tape, elastic, sewing machines, irons and ironing boards.
3. Print Guidelines from this website.
*Help Dress a Girl by asking about Kohl's Cares for Kids' program. We are not partners, but they have a great program where many stores send employees to events, and Dress a Girl then receivs grants which helps our program continue. More info at www.kohls.com/cares Click here to edit text
On the Day of the Event
1. Set up tables, have power cords available for sewing machines. Have one or more irons and ironing boards (depending upon the size of your group)
3. Hang already made quality dress examples or photos of girls wearing our dresses (you can find many photos in our gallery!)
4. Go over your checklist:
- Irons & Ironing Boards?
- Bias Tape, Elastic
- Power Cords?
- Station Info?
5. Don't forget to pray! Your ministry belongs to God and we can do nothing without relying on Him!
6. Now relax and have fun.
- Think about the precious girls who will be receiving these dresses!
- Celebrate as each dress is completed (Ring a bell and applaud every finished dress!
- Show a video from Dress a Girl Around the World!
- Encourage everyone to give her best!
- Please allow your guests the opportunity to donate to Dress a Girl so we can continue to dress girls around the world. Guests can write their tax-deductible check to Hope 4 Women International and write "dress a girl" in the memo.
- Share the information on Dress a Girl and Hope 4 Women International. We will send you fliers, etc upon request.
- Turn completed dresses into your area Ambassador for distribution. If you do not have an Ambassador in your area, send your completed dresses (and please add at least $1 per dress to help defray our costs) to
Hope 4 Women International
P.O. Box 8061
Tempe, AZ 8528