Gather your friends, family, co-workers, church group, etc and have a fun night of sewing once a week, monthly or do a one-time marathon. Write to us and let us know what you are doing so we can all share in this exciting project.
2) Once we make the dresses where do we send them?
Either to a rep near you or:
Hope 4 Women International
2115 E Cedar St #3
Tempe, AZ 85281
3) How many should we make?
There is no minimum number. Just make sure you send us God's best by putting all your care into good, quality dresses--not thin, see-through dresses.
4) What color pillowcases should we use?
Any color. Any style. These dresses are so cute. Just be sure the pillowcases are new or very gently used. Please make sure they are not thin/see through as we want to bring dignity to the girls
5) What type of fabric is best?
We like using pillowcases and lightweight cotton because they are easy to use and light to carry. Again, please no thin/see-through material. Most of our dresses will be hand carried into countries by team members and the airlines have weight restrictions on what you can carry.
6) Are the dresses shipped to other countries?
Currently ministries and humanitarian teams hand carry the dresses. Hope 4 Kids International leads teams into five different countries each year?we go to Uganda three times a year. Our teams carry dresses. We offer dresses to other ministries and humanitarian teams going elsewhere in the world.
7) What are you doing in the United States?
Our Dress a Girl Representatives give clothing to their local abuse and homeless shelters.
· We send warm clothing to the Lakota children in South Dakota
· We give clothing in areas of poverty such as Douglas, AZ.
· We give quilts and clothing to missions in Appalachia
· We take mission trips to the Appalachia region and hold day spas, teach women to sew, do outreaches with the elderly and the children and carry out construction and painting projects with the locals.
8) How is this project funded?
We rely on donations from you. We don?t charge ministries/groups for supplying them with dresses. This is part of the ministry of Hope 4 Women International. You donate them to us and we in turn donate them to others. We are funded solely through your tax-deductible donations to Hope 4 Women International. This can be done online.
and donate in the Hope 4 women box.
Hope 4 Women International (put Dress a girl in the memo)
2115 E Cedar St #3Tempe, AZ 85281
You can also text from any cell phone the word DRESS to 52000 which is a $10 donation to Dress a Girl through Hope 4 Kids?the $10 will be charged to your phone. This is an easy, inexpensive way to make a difference.
8) Do I receive a tax deduction for contributing dresses?
Yes. We will send you an in-kind receipt and list the items donated. You will determine the value and put the receipt in with your tax-deductible items. Please request a receipt when mailing dresses. Sometime when groups combine to make/mail the dresses they don?t wish to receive a receipt.
9) Will I know where my dresses are going?
We will do our best to let you know where your dresses are going. Our website posts photos of little girls receiving your dresses and we ask those carrying the dresses to give us a report or stories. Because of the high volume of dresses going out we can?t guarantee pictures of your dressesClick on the photo to visit the web store.