Human Trafficking Awareness
As we distribute dresses to girls in need we want to warn them and their parents/guardians of the traps of human trafficking and like to include this "awareness" during our time of dressing girls. Please take a printable copy with you when you are distributing dresses and look for and/or ask the international or national partner to give you a few minutes to share this information or ask them to share it.
- Human Trafficking is the second largest criminal enterprise in the world, after drug smuggling and arms dealing
- A child is trafficked every 30 seconds
- According to estimates, approximately 80% of trafficking involves sexual exploitation, and 19% involves labor exploitation.
- The average age of a young woman being trafficked is 12-14 years old
- 1.2 million children are brought into slave trade each year
- If we educate them and their parents/guardians they are less likely to be deceived.
Click here for more information and a printable copy